Crown Hosting Data Centres is a joint venture between Her Majesty’s Government and Ark Data Centres.The Crown Hosting Data Centres framework contract provides access to physical colocation data centre space for public sector legacy systems and is on the Digital Marketplace, with services available to call off immediately.
An exception to the Cloud First policy
The Cloud First policy states that a cloud solution must be considered first. As part of the spend control process, departments must explain the reason why moving to the cloud solution is not immediately possible.
For the majority of buyers, Crown Hosting is an interim measure enabling them to keep older systems running while they transition to cloud. However, for others, Crown Hosting provides a service where a cloud solution isn’t suitable for security reasons. It provides cost-effective hosting for the whole of the public sector, without tying departments into lengthy and expensive contracts.
The Crown Hosting service offers:
- mission-critical datacentres for legacy systems
- a flexible, pay-for-what-you-use model
- secure facilities
- power uptime availability that exceeds Tier III+
- leading environmental performance
The framework benefits the government by offering:
- easy access to colocated, secure datacentres with no minimum volume commitment
- cost savings (because government demand for datacentre space is aggregated)
- time savings (because there’s no need to manage multiple supplier tenders)
- simple, transparent ‘pay-for-what-you-use’ pricing so usage can be scaled as required
- choice of duration commitments that can be ended early without charge
- volume rebates as volumes rise
- robust performance including 99.999% power uptime
- strong step-in rights for government to ensure continuity of service if required
All central government departments, arm’s length bodies and the wider public sector can use the Crown Hosting Service for digital procurement.
Contact email@example.com to discuss datacentre hosting for your legacy systems.