The buying process on Digital Marketplace is in many ways identical to CloudStore. It starts with preparing your requirements and understanding what are your must haves. This will help you to define the keywords to start searching with.
You can help to reduce your list and find more relevant services with the following tips:
- Enter your requirements into the search box. For example, if you are searching for a hosted content management system then type: hosted content management system
- If you want to exclude something, put a ‘-’ before the word you don’t want.
For example, if you don’t require training, type:hosted content management system -training
- If you are looking for a specific set of terms, for example social media management, using quotes will match the phrase exactly in the returned services. For example, social media management returns everything that contains all 3 of those words but “social media management” returns only the services that include the phrase Social Media Management.
- At this stage you may want to start using some of the predefined filters. For example, you might want to look for the services that allow a trial period, so check that filter.
- Don’t forget that for audit purposes it is still necessary to make a screenshot of your search terms with selected filters to provide a date stamp. You should also make a note of the service names and IDs in your list for your reference. We are aiming to provide more sophisticated functionality in the next few months.
Comment by Adine Cuell posted on
Is there a fast and easy way of downloading the service names and ids from initial search results? Our initial search results are coming up with circa 150 potential providers and having to go into each one individually to find and record the service id is proving time consuming. Any suggestions?