Public sector organisations use the Digital Marketplace to find and compare cloud-based services, like web hosting or site analytics. If you want to sell services on the Digital Marketplace, you need to submit them to the G-Cloud framework first.
How it works
This means public sector organisations can buy services more quickly because they don’t have to run a full tender.
How to apply
The latest iteration of the G-Cloud framework, G-Cloud 6, is now open for submissions. You’ll need to follow the process below before your services can be accepted on the Digital Marketplace.
- Sign up to the Crown Commercial Service (CCS) eSourcing Portal.
- Register your ‘expression of interest’ on the Crown Commercial Service eSourcing Portal.
- Answer the ‘invitation to tender’ (ITT) questions on the Crown Commercial Service eSourcing Portal.
- Submit company and service details to the Digital Marketplace.
- Wait for assurance checks to be made on your information. If accepted, your services will be published on the Digital Marketplace when G-Cloud 6 goes live.
|6.11.14||Publication of the OJEU contract notice|
|6.11.14||Clarification period starts|
|6.11.14||Crown Commercial Service eSourcing Portal opens|
|6.11.14||Digital Marketplace service submissions opens|
|2.12.14||Clarification period closes|
|8.12.14||Deadline for the publication of responses to clarification questions|
|17.12.14||Tender submission deadline (3pm BST)|
|20.1.15||‘Intention to award’ notification issued to successful and unsuccessful potential providers.|
|21.1.15 – 30.1.15||10-day standstill|
|2.2.15||Expected start date for framework agreement|
You should submit any questions you have about the process or the framework using the Crown Commercial Service eSourcing Portal.
If you have any technical issues with the Digital Marketplace, please email us at email@example.com. If you have any queries about the Crown Commercial Service eSourcing portal itself, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll continue to update the blog with additional information as the submission period goes on. Please send any feedback you have to email@example.com so we can continue to improve the process.